1. Describe at least three (3) possible reasons for the increase in nonunion workplace dispute resolution systems in recent years. 2. All components of globalization have increased dramatically since the 1970s. Many companies in the U.S. now do business abroad, invest abroad, and have relocated facilities abroad. Given the extent of this corporate internationalization, why haven’t unions followed suit to the same degree? In what ways have unions begun to collaborate internationally? 3. Describe the three (3) strategic roles of an HR manager. What are the major challenges for an HR manager in each role with regard to labor relations?
1. Why do you think Native Americans are so seldom discussed in the context of diversity? 2. If you were an HR manager, what special strategies might you adopt to recruit more Native Americans to apply for positions in your organization?
1. Although the National Labor Relations Act gives employees certain rights, these rights are not unlimited. Discuss. 2. Compare the steps companies may take to implement a positive human resources management program with principles of effective management.
1. What is a high-performance work system? What are its element? Which of these elements involve human resource management? 2. As it has become clear that HRM can help create and maintain high-performance work system, it appears that organizations will need two kinds of human resource professionals. One kind focuses on identifying how HRM can contribute to high-performance. The other kind develops expertise in particular HRM functions, such as how to administer a benefits program that complies with legal requirements. Which aspect of HRM is more interesting to you? Why? 3. Summarize how each of the following HR functions can […]
Scenario Summary: A supervisor in a large accounting firm is scheduled to interview a job candidate who comes highly recommended and has excellent qualifications. Jim has an accounting degree (bachelors) from a prestigious Ivy League school and has been working on his MBA by attending an online program for the last 18 months and is close to earning his degree. In addition he has been working for one of your competitors for several years and has excellent references attesting to his ability. Your payroll budget has recently been reduced significantly as a result of a declining client base and your […]
During the past 50+ years, the responsibilities of the human resource management profession have changed. Based on the provided resources (and others you might wish to use), share your thoughts about: (2 pages. Please include in-text citations and references) The differences between the past and current roles in this profession, How and why the roles have changed, What might the future hold for the field of HRM, and How might you envision and prepare for a future career in the HRM field?
Question: Analysis of The Supreme Court of the United States case of Griggs v. Duke Power Company (1971) Search the internet and find the case The Supreme Court of the United States case of Griggs v. Duke Power Company (1971). Analyze and present a summary of the case. When preparing the summary make sure you answer the following questions: Why was the case brought? Give a summary of the factors that led to the case. What three factors were laid out by Chief Justice Burger as affecting equal employment legislation? What is the relevance of this case to Human Resource […]
Scenario: You have just started work as the new Human Resources Manager for Acme Manufacturing, a Fortune 1,000 company. The job has been vacant for six months now. You have been wondering about this, especially since reading about employee harassment incidents and fights recently in the news. The General Manager (GM) calls you into his office the minute you arrive. He shuts the door after saying a quick word of welcome, and begins to tell you about an incident that happened last week that needs your immediate attention. The company’s manufacturing operations runs three shifts of production workers so the plant is […]
Instruction: Your Learning Team has been selected to conduct a recruiting and staffing training to a group of new Human Resource Management (HRM) employees at a company of your choice. (Company is Hancock Manufacturing – This is made up company which our team created. Please see attached paper we submitted for the information about the company). Create a Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation (use attached template) in which your team trains new employees on the role of HRM planning and its relationship to the strategic plan of the organization. Include an overview of the process and steps of HR planning, recruiting, interviewing, selecting, and hiring of employees. Please […]
1. What are the pros and cons of change? Does change help or hurt the performance of an organization? Do you personally like change? Why or why not? 2. What criteria must be met if firms are to achieve a competitive advantage through their employees? Provide detailed answers in APA format, to include references. It requires a minimum of 500 words.