Ultimately responsibility for the operation of a hospital lies with: a. Physicians b. Hospital administrators c. Government regulators d. The hospital board of trustees or directors Q27. A government program that encourages medical school graduates to work in inner cities and rural areas is: a. Food for Peace b. Alliance for Progress c. Head Start Program d. National Health Services Corps Q28. In the USA, the government effort that led to a major increase in the number of medical schools and supply of practicing physicians was called: a. Great Leap Forward b. War on Poverty c. War on Health d. […]
Affordable Care Act allows states to expand Medicaid services by raising the income eligibility guidelines. The federal government will pay for 90% of the costs of the program expansion and the state is required to pay the remaining 10%. Many states (including Oklahoma) have opted not to participate in the program expansion. Should Oklahoma participate or not participate in Medicare Expansion and why?
A three year old African American male, presents at the emergency department with symptoms of sudden weakness, pale lips, fast breathing, extreme thirst, abdominal (belly) pain on the left side of body, and fast heartbeat. The ED learns the child has been diagnosed with Sickle Cell Disease. This patient has Medicaid and lives forty-five miles from Seattle, Washington. Give a summary of the disease process of your patient, including process for diagnosis, symptomology, treatment, tests, short and long term prognosis.
Reversing Daca puts patient care at risk http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/reversing-daca-puts-patient-care-risk-ama-says 1. As a health care provider, do you think the reverse for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals will have an impact on their mental and overall health? 2. How do you think this will effect our health care system? 3. What are your thoughts on having a diverse physician workforce?
Does an emphasis on patient satisfaction have a positive or negative impact on healthcare? https://www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2015/04/21/focus-on-patient-satisfaction 1. Do you agree that improvements in patient satisfaction are not always tied to better healthcare outcomes? 2. Have you seen any examples of this (emphasis on patient satisfaction that is not tied to better healthcare outcomes) in your area of healthcare? 3. The article suggests that a better way to improve patient satisfaction and quality of care is to maintain appropriate staffing levels and improve working conditions. Do you agree with this? Can you think of any other ways to improve both
Utah nurse gets arrested for protecting patients rights http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/01/health/utah-nurse-arrest-police-video/index.html 1. Do you think the cop was trying to protect the patient by trying to get his blood sample? explain why. 2. As a health care provider, do you agree with the policy that was presented? explain why. 3. Would you get arrested if it meant standing up for your patients rights in a situation like this?
Q28. In the USA, the government effort that led to a major increase in the number of medical schools and supply of practicing physicians was called: a. Great Leap Forward b. War on Poverty c. War on Health d. Great Society initiative
This scholarly paper should be over the topic of your choice in the area of health care cost cutting and cost effectiveness of providing care. This broad “umbrella topic” provides you with a plethora of topics such as diagnosis-related groups, HMOs, PPOs, movement to ambulatory care, managed care, generic drug use, etc. The paper is due the last day of class. This paper must: be at least 5 pages (double-spaced) not including cover page or references include at least 5 references from peer-reviewed journals or professional web sites that are no more than 5 years old be written in APA […]
Imagine that you are the director of patient experience at a large outpatient care facility. Choose one new federal or state policy that affects your patients. Design a brochure for for your waiting room that explains the specifics of this change and how it will affect patients. Since this brochure is for patients, it should be written at about an 8th grade reading level. Be creative and use graphics and formatting to present your information n an appealing way. You may use formatting, graphics, and Word templates to design your brochure. Alternatively, you may choose to use an online infographic […]