1. A physician orders 2000 units of heparin to be administered by intravenous infusion per hour. The pharmacy provides a heparin IV bag containing 25,000 units of heparin in 250 ml of D5W. How many ml should be administered per minutes? 2.A male patient weighing 85 kg is placed on heparin therapy for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis after surgery. How many ml of a heparin injection containing 5000 units/ml should be administered for a loading dose of 75 units/kg? 3. Following the question 2, what should be the infusion rate in ml/hr, using a solution that contains heparin 25000 units/500 ml, […]
1. Determine the loading doses ( in mg) of tobramycin for a 72 year old male patient weighing 187 lb and measuring 5 ft 8 in in height with a serum creatinine of 2.8 mg/dL. The loading dose desired is 1.0 mg/kg of ideal body weight. 2. Determine the maintenance doses ( in mg every 8 hr) of tobramycin for a 72 year old male patient weighing 187 lb and measuring 5 ft 8 in in height with a serum creatinine of 2.8 mg/dL. For normal patient, 1.66 mg/kg of ideal body weight every 8 hours is used as the […]
1. A glucose meter shows that a patient’s blood contains 125 mg% of glucose. Express this value in mg/ml. 2. What is the creatinine clearance (ml/min) for a 35 year old female who is 5’7” tall weighs 234 lb, and has a serum creatinine concentration of 7.2 mg/dL? (use the Jeliffe equation). 3. What is the IBW (in pounds) for a 34 year old male who is 6’4” tall? 4. Calculate the creatinine clearance rate (ml/min) for a 20 year old male patient weighing 70 kg with a serum creatinine of 1 mg/dL. If a patient is 5 ft 8in. […]
1. A patient has an HDL of 50 mg/dL, an LDL of 150 mg/dL, and a TG of 85 mg/dL. Calculate the TC:HDL ratio (convert to a single numerical value and put in blank, for example, if the ratio is 3:1, just put 3 in the blank, not 3:1). 2. DT is a 61-year-old female patient with primary humoral immunodeficiency. She is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 303 lb. The dosing for human immune globulin (BIVIGAM) is 300 mg/kg given intravenously every 3 to 4 weeks, and the patient’s adjusted body weight should be used for dosing this […]
Discuss the role of informatics in Rural Communities to Improve Healthcare for Patients with Chronic Conditions (5 points) Identify the history of the use of informatics in rural communities among patients with chronic conditions (10 points) Select and discuss a current issue in relation the use of informatics within rural communities and the provision of care for patients with chronic conditions (15 points) Take a stand and defend that stand on the topic issue. (10 points) Discuss the future direction of the use of informatics in rural communities for patients with chronic conditions (10 points)
As a nurse practicing within a family practice, you are interviewing a 55-year-old woman who is an executive assistant at a local law firm, where she has worked for 9 years. She has a 7-year history of respiratory illness, which occurs several times throughout the year, not seemingly connected to the changes in season. She does not use tobacco products in any form. During your questions regarding her home and work environments, she reports that she enjoys working adjacent to the courthouse in a building over 100 years old because it is such a contrast to her brand-new home on […]
1. What health initiatives exist in different regions of the world? Compare and contrast their aims and activities. 2. Discuss two international organizations involved in ehealth initiatives. Describe their roles and provide a sample of their activities.